We are excited to partner with your school to ensure all of your students learn and love math. As we begin the rostering process for 2017-18, there are a few things to keep in mind:
We now offer Clever integration for School Accounts. This can make roster setup and ongoing roster management automatic. If you plan to use Clever to roster for the 2017/2018 school year:
- Identify the Clever administrator at your school: We will need this person to approve the sharing of roster information with Zearn.
- Once you’ve created your 2017/2018 rosters within your SIS, you’ll share this data with Zearn through Clever. For any questions related to getting started with Clever, see this article.
- As long as the SIS ID for a student being rostered through Clever matches the SIS ID provided when you used a Rostering Spreadsheet the previous year, all student badges and progress will be carried over into the new year.
If you plan to use a Rostering Spreadsheet for the 2017/2018 school year:
- After you purchase your 17/18 School Account, our team will be in touch with the data we need to begin rostering. We will send you a rostering spreadsheet. To ensure your roster is ready for the first day of school, submit your completed spreadsheet at least four weeks prior to the start of the school year. We cannot begin rostering until the spreadsheet has complete information - and sometimes this requires a bit of back and forth. Plan for that time!
- As you complete the spreadsheet, ensure all students have SIS IDs associated with them. When we have this data, we can automatically migrate your students’ data each year. Without this, they will begin each year with a new Zearn account and can use Class Codes to keep their progress. This will be the only way Zearn can migrate your student data from year to year.
- After Zearn receives your completed spreadsheet, we will start creating your rosters! After initial setup, Zearn offers lots of tools to update staff and student accounts. Changes to rosters after initial setup are the responsibility of the school.