We are excited to partner with your school to ensure all of your students learn and love math! Schools who access Zearn through a Zearn Math School Account can use Clever or a rostering spreadsheet to create staff and student accounts and set up rosters. There are some important things to keep in mind for both of these options.
If you plan to use Clever to roster for the 2020–2021 school year:
- Identify the Clever administrator at your school. We will need this person to approve the sharing of roster information with Zearn.
- Once you’ve created your 2020–2021 rosters within your SIS, share this data with Zearn through Clever. If you have any questions about how to do this or how to get started with Clever, review this article.
- If your school used a spreadsheet to set up rosters last school year, make sure that the SIS IDs for the students being rostered through Clever this year match the SIS IDs provided on last year's spreadsheet. This way, all student badges and progress will be carried over into the new year.
If you plan to use a Rostering Spreadsheet for the 2020–2021 school year:
- After you purchase your 20–21 School Account, our team will be in touch with the data we need to begin rostering and will send you a rostering spreadsheet. To ensure your roster is ready for the first day of school, we recommend submitting your completed spreadsheet at least four weeks prior to the start of the school year. We cannot begin rostering until the spreadsheet has complete information and this sometimes requires a bit of back and forth. Plan for this time!
- As you complete the spreadsheet, ensure all students have SIS IDs associated with them. When we have this information, we can automatically carry your students’ progress and badges over from year to year. Without an SIS ID, they will begin each year with a new Zearn account and Class Codes will be the only way to carry over their student data.
- Once Zearn receives your completed spreadsheet, we will start creating your rosters. After initial setup, Zearn offers tools to update staff and student accounts. Please note, changes to rosters after initial setup are the responsibility of the school.