For students to access Zearn Math Digital Lessons, they will need a supported device, an updated browser, and a speedy internet connection.
In order to access Zearn Math Independent Digital Lessons, students need a compatible device.
- Desktop computers (Windows or Mac OS)
- Laptop computers (Windows or Mac OS)
- iPads (Zearn supports iOS devices updated to one of the two most recently released versions)
- Android (see this article for specific tips when using on an Android device)
Zearn supports the following browsers updated to one of the two most recently released versions. If Zearn Math is not accessed via a supported browser, teachers and students may experience performance issues ranging from digital manipulatives appearing distorted to pages not loading at all. It is important to note that Zearn Math is accessible via a web browser only; there is no Zearn Math app. Zearn does not require the use of Flash.
- Microsoft Edge
Internet bandwidth requirements
Zearn Math contains streaming video elements that require student devices to have a minimum download bandwidth of 1 Mbps per student. During peak usage, students who do not have access to the recommended 1 Mbps of bandwidth may experience longer load times and errors saving their Independent Digital Lesson progress. If a Digital Lesson “restarts” before completion or if results will not save, these problems are likely due to a lack of adequate bandwidth. Please consider all software that uses available bandwidth when planning to implement Zearn Math.
Work not saving on Zearn?
Having trouble with work saving on Zearn.org? Speak with your IT department to make sure our site is being allowed through any district firewalls and your firewall software is up to date, so that your students' hard work on Zearn gets saved and they can progress through our Digital Lessons.
- Update your firewall software: Speak with your IT department to make sure that any firewall software being used on student devices is up to date.
- Allow our domains through your firewall: Your IT administrator will need to allow the below domains through your firewall:
- d1upvds2zd88dk.cloudfront.net (for Zearn's video lessons)
- d33atdio81inpg.cloudfront.net (for Zearn's Tower of Power)
- Cdn.polyfill.io (to support IE 11)
If you follow the steps above and still have trouble, email our Support Team at email@example.com describing the issue, the students it is affecting, the device being used, and a screenshot of the issue so we can troubleshoot. Please note, you can view the current status of our services at any time, by visiting our status page.