With Zearn Math, students learn in two formats each day. Classroom setup should allow students to rotate between Independent Digital Lessons and Small Group Instruction:
Station 1: Independent Digital Lessons: In this area, each student will need:
- A compatible device: Zearn is web-based and can be accessed on Chromebooks, Computers (Windows or Mac), and iPads. Because half of the class learns with their teacher in small groups while the other half is learning at the self-paced station, teachers will need devices for half the class. Our Help Center provides detail on Zearn Technology Requirements.
- Headphones: Students need headphones to hear instruction in each Independent Digital Lesson
- Student Notes and Exit Tickets: Students will be prompted to complete Guided Student Notes
- Additional materials: Some Missions require a few common physical materials. Teachers can see all of these listed as “Required Materials” on each Mission page.
Station 2: Small Group Instruction: In this area, each student will need:
- Concrete Manipulatives & Materials: Teachers can find the concrete materials needed for each lesson on their Mission Page.
- Whiteboards: Students will need whiteboards (or something similar) to write their math and draw their models while explaining their reasoning
- Student Notes and Exit Tickets: Small Group Instruction time can be used to check-in and provide feedback on Student Notes and Exit Tickets. we recommend whiteboards for students to represent their math in small group discussion.