When teachers come together for Zearn Math PL, they explore the mathematical ideas, visual representations, and teaching strategies that deepen student learning, so that every teacher is empowered with more options to support kids where they are and get them where they need to be. Zearn offers live and asynchronous PL opportunities that can be flexed to meet the needs of your school community.
LIVE ZEARN PL:
Live professional learning, led by a Zearn facilitator, can be scheduled with your school or district's Partner Success Manager. Currently, there are three offerings for a live Zearn-led professional learning:
- Getting Set-Up with Zearn Math (Free For All): This is a 45-minute orientation webinar that introduces educators to their Zearn homepage and how to navigate through the main features they will use. This session is great for first time Zearn users. If your school or district purchases a school account, you may have a district or school-specific orientation. Contact your district or school administration to learn more before registering for the Open Enrollment Orientation Webinar.
- Educator Training (Included with School Account): This training consists of two parts; each 90 minutes long. The first is an exploration of your educator account, a deep dive into the Independent Digital Lesson, and how to implement Zearn with fidelity. The second explores reports in more detail and highlights how to leverage the foundational lesson guidance. This training series is great for all educators who are implementing Zearn. These trainings can/should be scheduled before the start of the school year and in the early fall to support ongoing implementation.
- Instructional Leaders Training (Available for Purchase): This is a full-day, 8-hour session that prepares instructional leaders and coaches to support teachers with their initial and ongoing implementation. Participants will walk away from this training with many sample resources that can be used as needed to guide planning, observations, coaching conversations, data analysis, and more in the Zearn’s Coaches’ Toolkit. To learn more about our training, check out the offerings for Digital Complement users and Core Curriculum users.
ASYNCHRONOUS ZEARN PL:
Zearn provides professional learning opportunities that are embedded into their Zearn account:
- Curriculum Study PD (G1-5): Curriculum Study PD is an asynchronous training that can be led by a designated PD facilitator at your school or in your district. Curriculum Study provides 1st-5th grade teachers with ongoing professional development designed to build deep knowledge of each mission in the Zearn Math curriculum. Each session is 60 minutes and dives into the word problems, fluencies, and concept exploration of the Mission. Sessions are designed to be completed before the start of each unit, or mission, and participants are prompted to collaboratively analyze the mission while assessing student work and strategies for problem-solving. Curriculum Study is available for purchase with a School Account. A few highlights of Curriculum Study PD include:
- Interactive videos with guided prompts to support group learning
- In-depth participant notes to support learning and takeaways
- Robust facilitator guides to support school and district leaders
- Want to learn more? Preview Curriculum Study PD for Grade 3 Mission 1 here.
To access materials:
- Log into your Zearn Math School Account
- Click on the PD tab at the top of your screen
From there, facilitators can:
- Download and prepare to facilitate using PD Facilitator Guides
- Access interactive session videos to project during each session
- Download printed Participant Notes for each session
- PD participants also have access to materials to support ongoing learning