If students are demonstrating mastery in Assessments and completing four Independent Digital Lessons per week, teachers can use Zearn Math to provide opportunities for additional growth and challenge, including:
Whole Group Opportunities
- Encourage students to solve problems in more than one way or understand someone else’s reasoning.
- Strategically provide different number choices during opening oral Fluency work.
Small Group Opportunities
- Use the enrichment problems available in each Small Group Lesson.
- Ask students to show their thinking in more than one way.
- Adjust the difficulty of problems by changing the numbers or the context.
Independent Digital Lesson Opportunities
- Explain Digital Bonuses to students. Digital Bonuses are extra problems that students can complete after the Tower of Power. They are designed to challenge students and extend their learning. Digital Bonuses don’t automatically appear in the Zearn Student Feed. Students can navigate to them from their My Stuff page after completing an Independent Digital Lesson.
- Encourage students to progress beyond the recommended four Independent Digital Lessons each week; students could progress deeper in on-grade level content or complete all previous Digital Lessons in prior grades through their My Stuff page.
- Encourage Digital Completion for all completed content, including prior grades.
Many teachers also choose to find extension opportunities such as brain teasers or puzzles for use on Flex Days.