If students are demonstrating mastery in Assessments and completing four Independent Digital Lessons per week, teachers can use Zearn Math to provide opportunities for additional growth and challenge, including:
Small Group Opportunities:
- Use the enrichment problems available in each Small Group Lesson.
- Ask students to show their thinking in more than one way.
- Adjust the difficulty of problems by changing the numbers or the context.
Independent Digital Lesson Opportunities:
- Have students complete Digital Bonuses, extra problems designed to challenge students and extend their learning. Students can access Bonuses from their My Stuff page after completing an Independent Digital Lesson.
- Encourage students to complete more than 4 Independent Digital Lessons each week; students can progress deeper in on-grade level content or complete all previous Independent Digital Lessons in prior grades through their My Stuff page.
Many teachers also choose to find extension opportunities such as brain teasers or puzzles for use on Flex Days.