The default setting for some lesson-aligned fluency activities is a timed experience. Timed fluency activities may not be right for all student learning, so teachers can remove the timer within the following fluency activities: Sprints, Multiply Magic, Number Bond Dash, and Pair and Compare.
Teachers can toggle the timer on and off at the student level by following these steps:
- Click Roster at the top of the Zearn homepage, then navigate to the desired classroom.
- Select the desired student by clicking on their name.
- In the bottom right corner, under Fluency timing settings (incl. Sprints), click the pencil icon.
- In the pop-up box, select the Untimed option, then click Save.
- Verify that under Fluency timing settings (incl. Sprints), for this student, it now says "All untimed."
If the setting is turned to "All untimed," the student will experience all timed fluencies as untimed.