Sprint activities are one of the lesson-aligned fluency activities that students in Grades 1–8 see when working through their Independent Digital Lessons. This activity is designed to strengthen math foundations and features two timed rounds of questions where students are asked to answer as many as they can.
Timed Sprint activities may not be right for all student learning, so teachers have the ability to remove the timer from Sprint activities for individual students. You can remove the timer for a student by following these steps:
- Click Roster at the top of the Zearn homepage, then navigate to the desired classroom
- Select the desired student by clicking on their name
- In the bottom right corner, under Sprint Settings, click the pencil icon
- In the pop up box, select the Untimed option, then click Save
- Verify that under Sprint Settings for this student, it now says Untimed