Students who need extra support with reading can click the audio button next to questions or prompts to hear the words spoken aloud. Audio support is available in all 1st– 5th Grade Guided Practice and Tower of Power activities.
While all instructional prompts have audio buttons, there are still some places in Zearn's Digital Lessons where text appears without audio (although we’re working hard to add as many audio buttons as possible!). Your students can have that text read aloud to them by following the steps below:
For iPads, turn on the Speak Selection function
- From your iPad Home Screen, click on the Settings wheel.
- Within Settings, select General, then Accessibility, then Speech.
- Turn on Speak Selection at the top. On this screen, you can also adjust the speaking speed.
For computers or Chromebooks
Students using Microsoft Edge are able to highlight text and have it spoken aloud
- Highlight the text to be read aloud.
- Right-click and select Read Aloud Selection