Looking for our Parent Pack in a different language?
Thanks to donations, our entire K-5 math curriculum - including over 400 hours of digital lessons with on-screen teachers - is available for free during this time. Kids, teachers, parents, and caregivers can directly access all of our top-rated content 24/7, outside of school, including paper-based materials that can be used without a device.
Below are resources to support parents/caregivers with helping their student use Zearn Math at home.
In this 30-minute session, we walk through each step to getting you and your student set up and working on Zearn. At the end of each session, we answer frequently asked questions. Access the recorded webinar on our Distance Learning Resource Center.
Helping your student log in
If your student already has a Zearn account that they use at school: Navigate to https://www.zearn.org/ and sign in with their username and password. Skip the rest of this section if your student already has an account and can sign in. They will work on the assignment set by their teacher.
For students that don't have existing Zearn accounts: We can get them set up in a few easy steps. Follow the instructions below, and remember, we'll be going through these live in our parent webinars if you have any questions or get stuck.
Creating your Adult Account
- Go to https://about.zearn.org/ and click on "Get Started" at the top right of the page. Then select "Sign Up". On the next page, click on the circle labeled "I'm an Adult"
- In the form on the next page, you'll enter your personal information. Make sure to enter an email address that you have access to, and that you write down your password. Your email address will be your username in later steps. After entering that information, click "Next"
- On the next form, you'll click on the tab labeled "Other", enter your zip code, select "Homeschool" from the dropdown list of schools, and then click on the button labeled "One more thing". Once you read through these you'll move on by clicking on the button labeled "I accept"
Verifying your Adult Account
- We'll send an email to the address you entered. You'll want to find this email and click on the blue button labeled "Verify your email" NOTE: You must complete this step to access your account. If you can't find this email please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once you click on the verify button, you'll be brought to the login page. Here you'll enter your username (this is your email address) and your password
Creating your Student's Account
- After logging in, you'll click on "Roster" found on the top right side of the page. Then follow the on-screen instructions for adding a class, starting by clicking on the "Add Class" button. Name your class and select the grade that your student is in. If you have multiple students, don't worry, you can set them to different grades in a later step. Click "Create class" to continue.
- Now that your class is created, you'll want to add your students by clicking on the "Add students" button. In the box shown on the screen, simply type in your student's first and last name. If you have multiple students, just put each one on their own line. On this page, you'll also want to take a note of your Class Code, shown in the circle on the left side of the screen. This 6-character Class Code will be used later
- After entering your student information and clicking next, you'll have a chance to set up student usernames and passwords, as well as select different grade levels if you have multiple students. The most important thing is that a student's username and password is easy for them to remember. If the username you wanted is already taken, try adding a number to the end.
Setting your Student's Assignment
On the next page, you'll choose the lesson that your student starts on. Visit our Learning Recovery Center for guidance on the recommended content to complete by grade-level over the summer.
Congratulations! Your student's account is set up. Now all they need to do is navigate to https://www.zearn.org/ and enter the username and password that you set up for them. The very first time they log in, they'll be prompted to enter the 6-character Class Code we wrote down in an earlier step, make sure to have it handy!
Orient your student to Zearn Math
Now that your student can log in, it's important to take a few minutes to orient them to Zearn Math. We recommend watching the video below, and then logging in and doing the first lesson together. Make sure they have scrap paper and a pencil handy.