If you are having trouble accessing Zearn:
Check the Zearn status page
You can review the current status of our services by visiting our status page. If you are experiencing issues but our services are listed as operational, we recommend starting with the steps below:
Check your browser
Check that you are using an up-to-date browser. Zearn supports recent versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge. Note that browsers may not automatically update depending on network permissions. After updating, you may need a hard restart to ensure up-to-date versions.
Check your internet connection
Make sure you are connected to a network and the Internet is working. Zearn requires ~1Mbps of internet bandwidth per student to use without interruption.
Check your device
Check to make sure you are working on a compatible device. You can find compatible devices here.
Ensure our site is allowed through your firewall.
Speak with the IT administrator at your child's school to make sure domains associated with Zearn have been added to your school or district's allow list and firewall software installed on district-issued devices is up to date. Not allowing Zearn through your firewall or using out-of-date firewall software can cause issues with lessons saving.
Try logging out of Zearn, clearing your browser’s cache, restarting your browser, and logging back in. If you're using a bookmark or saved link to access Zearn, attempt to log in by visiting Zearn.org rather than using the saved link.
If you follow the steps above and are still experiencing an issue
Email our Support Team a email@example.com with the following:
- Describe the issue as thoroughly as possible
- Provide the usernames of the teacher and student accounts affected.
- The device being used to access Zearn (including browser and browser version)
- The approximate time you experienced the issue
- The grade, mission, and lesson the student was working on when the issue occurred
- Whether you're accessing Zearn through a wired or wireless connection
- A screenshot or video of the issue as it occurred